Sunday, July 19, 2009

Are you in the que?

Hen Party
Hampton Court Palace




the Jordans flying a helicopter


Portsmouth





This week has been a riot. And looking back, I feel like this week started two weeks ago. I swear the time goes by so slow. I think it's becase we try and cram so many activities in one day, plus keep up on schoolwork, plus keep in touch with our peeps on the mainland. It's exhausting, let me tell ya.

Wednesday we went to Portsmouth. It's a quaint little town on the coast. Finally saw the Atlantic. It was just like the Pacific. We saw some really interesting navy historical sites. I would bore you with the information, but I've spent the past couple hours doing papers(while facebooking and ipoding and organizing pics, I'm a really inefficient student out here). Anyway it was fun to have a little change of scenery. I really missed that ocean smell, it was good to be by the sea again.

Thursday we had a midterm. Our time here is half way over....CRAZY! I'm too scared to check my grade. I went on blackboard but chickened out and didn't even log in. I'm such a baby. Anyway, to celebrate we went to Hyde Park and layed out. It was actually kind of chilly, but I just feel like my skin is getting so white here.

Friday was very eventful. We went to this place called Hampton Court where King Henry VIII resided. I feel like most historical sites in London are themed around King Henry VIII, he was a big dea though. He started the Reformation because he wanted a divorce from his wife and the Catholic church wouldn't recognize it. See, I'm learning lots out here. Annnnnyway it was beautiful. The gardens were amazing. I could have just hung out there all day. But we had to get home because we were going to see Les Mis! Which was great. I wish I had a little more energy when watching plays. I feel like I'm always worn out here so anytime we do an activity where I'm sitting in the dark, it takes a lot of effort to not doze off. Don't worry though, I stayed awake for the whole thing.

Saturday=favorite day of the week. We went on this 9 mile walk in the country side. So BEAUTIFUL! I know I say that a lot on my blog. But I felt like I was in a fantasy land or something. I've decided that if I ever live in England, it would be in the country. We went and saw these lavender fields and they were unbelievable. Hands down the prettiest field of any other crop. We also saw a couple castles. I really love castles. Then that night we all went out to Hard Rock Cafe for a Bachelorette Party. One of the girls here is getting married four days after she gets home, NUTS! Don't worry, of course she is younger than me. Haha but bachelorette parties here are called "hen"parties, and bachelor parties are called "stag" parties. We were lucky enough to run into some fellow henners, but they were much more intoxicated than our group. Quite entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment