Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Cheers!

Big Ben

Wicked!


The Group








Stourhead





Pride and Prejudice






Bath







So pretty!








Stonehenge

Sorry I'm the worst blogger ever. It's been over a week since the last time I updated, but I have been kind of busy and I try not to be on the computer too much. BUT I have made a resolution to keep my blog more up to date, so we'll see how it goes.

Last Monday I got the chance to go see As You Like It at the Globe. I actually wasn't very excited because I didn't know this play very well, but It was a great play! It was really funny and it was so cool being in the Globe. It was such a good atmosphere. Afterwards we also just hung out ad checked out the London Bridge, which is so pretty at night. I feel like a lot of things in London are a lot prettier at night.

Wednesday was a big day for the Study Abroad program. Our day started with Stonehenge. I decided that it was built for a really intense game of hide and go seek. No, I'm kidding. Kind of. But no one really knows the reason it was built. We spent about 45 minutes just listening to all the different theories of why it's there. The bus driver said it was a way to get tourists to pay to look at some rocks, haha,he was pretty amusing.

We then headed to Bath and spent sometime exploring the Roman Baths. I decided if I ever get the chance to come back and live in the UK(I know dream on, right?) I'd want to live in the city of Bath. There were such nice people there and there was the most beautiful river running in the center of the city.
Finally, we went to Stourhead. What's that? Wellll this is where Pride & Prejudice as filmed. As you can imagine, the girls in my study abroad we're soooo pumped about this. Personally, I'm one of those girls who falls asleep when Pride and Prejudice was playing(I actually did sleep the whole bus ride because they had this movie playing) I thought Stourhead was going to be really boring. I was so wrong. Most beautiful place I've ever been. Hands down. Gorgeous lakes, massive trees, and the cutest bridges everywhere. Oh and the gardens were insane! If you ever get the chance to go there, DONT PASS IT UP!

Thursday was a big day. Wimbledon, round 2! haha. It was SO HOT! I was dying. But we spent a good 7-8 hours watching tennis. One mixed doubles, One girls doubles(not gonna lie, kind of boring, I just don't think I like girls sports that much, unless it's serena) , and one men's doubles. I think the men's doubles was my favorite. The match was so close, and so long.

Friday we went to Southall and explored 3 different Indian temples. Different experience, that's for sure. It was interesting to see how different they worship. It really strengthened my testimony and made me appreciate how sacred our temples are to us. It was weird for me to just watch others in their temples because I always consider the times I go to the temple to be so personal to me. I would be a little taken back if someone was just observing while I did baptisms.

Friday night I got to go see WICKED!!! I had seen it in LA last summer, but I actually enjoyed it more in the Victoria theater here. Any of you who have seen Wicked know exactly how happy I was on Friday night. It was great. Go see it if you haven't.

Saturday we spent in Portabello Market, which is a massive market north of Hyde Park and there's TONS of tourists. It was so packed. But there was food, clothes, jewellery, pretty much anything you can imagine.

Tonight I get to go see Chicago! I'm so pumped.












1 comment:

  1. Dang...why don't you DO something while you're over there! :) So glad that you are having a great time and seeing and doing so many wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete