Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Exhaustion Is Hitting Me

Edinburgh
Abbotsford





Harry Potter Castle







This week was full of interesting experiences. Bright and early Monday morning we hit the bus to head to Scotland. We did so much in so little time, but I'll just give you the highlights and not bore you with the less interesting details.

City of York: I loved the feel of this town. Even though I'm getting sick of all the Abbeys we go to, it was definitly worth it to go to Yorkminster because you could climb to the top and the view was spectacular.

Castles: I'm truly obsessed. I don't know what my fascination is, but I seriously love all castles. So you can imagine my excitement when I found out we were staying at a castle! Who knew you could even do that? The castle we stayed at was the same one where Harry Potter was filmed. You know I'm gonna claim that.

Durham: The trip as a whole was filled with gorgeous views that I can't even do justice by describing. But behind the Lake District, Durham was definitly the highest ranked when it comes to eye appeal. We were only there for 12 hours, but Kylee and I managed to go running twice just so we could soak up as much of the views as possible. There was this river you could run along and it was the most serene area!

Ambleside: the best way to describe this place is a little sailor town. I was so fun. We went on a boat ride, and it was freezing, but there were castles so I was fine. I decided that 20 years from now I'm going on my second honeymoon there. Ha I have my second decided, but not my first.

Hostels: okay now I'd like to think of myself as a girl who can endure quite a bit when it comes to rougher areas. The first couple nights I was surprised by the cleanliness of the hostels we stayed in. However, our final night was the sickest thing ever!! We stayed in this one hostel and the whole thing stunk or urine and there were spiders EVERYWHERE! I seriously didn't know how I was going to sleep there. If it hadn't been so cold and windy I'm positive it would have been more sanitary to sleep on the grass outside.






All in all Scotland was great!Scottish people are super friendly andthe more north you go, the prettier it gets. Now I have 9 days left in London and then back to Provo. I feel like I've accomplished all I wanted to and been to MOST of the places on my "London checklist".







No comments:

Post a Comment