Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bonjour!

Palace de Versailles


Kylee
View from the top of the Eiffel Tower
Eifell Tower
Louvre
Baguettes!
Arch De Triumph

Notre Dame
Montmarte
We had a "free weekend" this past weekend where we had no school activities from Thursday-Saturday so 7 of us girls took off to Paris. Crepes, pastries, creme brulee, baguettes, the food was SO GOOD. I'm actually so grateful I'm not in Paris on a study abroad because I'm sure I would gain so much weight.

Fortunately, we were able to fit a week long's worth of activities into 50 hours. How, you ask? Well you sleep very little and you go through each museum at turbo speed. This probably wasn't the best way to really observe Paris, but it was a blast! I felt like we did so much but out of Montmarte, Notre Dame, Arch De Triumph, the Louvre, the Eifell Tower, and Palace of Versialles I enjoyed the most cliche out of all of them:the Eifell Tower. The girls I was with had to do some convincing to get me to go up to the top, but I'm SO glad I did. The view was beautiful. Paris at night=most gorgeous sight EVER.

Even though I enjoyed Paris, not everything was perfect. We had some interesting run ins with guys on the Metro. Literally, our first step onto that thing and guys were using the little english they knew to hit on us. One guy even said "How are you?" and then before we answered he said "Good Morning". Haha he must have just put the only two lines of English he knew together. Also, we had some hotel issues. Basically, I'm 99%sure that the movie Taken was filmed into the hotel one of my friends booked and everything about it was super sketc. So, naturally we spent a total of half an hour there and cut our losses and went and found another hotel.
Since I only got to be in Paris for a weekend I have decided that I must go back and spend more time there. Being there for only a little over 2 days was kind of a tease. Nevertheless, I'm so glad I went!

No comments:

Post a Comment